Beat the summer heat with these “cool” ideas!
It is important to find ways to beat the heat during the summer months. Below are the some ways to keep cool over the next few months. Or better yet, take a vacation from it if you can!
- Start early in the morning on outdoor projects
- Wear loose clothes
- Avoid eating large meals
- Eat high water foods like veggies and fruit
- Shower to cool down
- Drink plenty of water (cool not cold water)
- Avoid over exposure to the sun
- Keep your stress levels at a low
- Recognize symptoms of heat related illness
- Use window coverings to keep the heat out of your home
- If spending long periods of time outside, wear a wet cloth around your neck
- Try not to use heat generating appliances during the day.
- Use personal fans during the day
- Eat cool treats
- Make sure your home is properly insulated to keep out the heat